Skip to content

Request a Vehicle

Fleet Management provides a range of vehicles for either temporary use or indefinite assignment to a specific department. All use of university vehicles is subject to UT Policy.

Short-term Use Vehicles

Several types of vehicles are available for temporary use. To request a vehicle:

  • Call Fleet Management at 974-2134 and reserve a vehicle.
  • Fill out and print the short term use request form.
  • Once the completed form is approved, submit a copy to Fleet Management via campus mail or by e-mailing it to

You will need to bring the original form with you to collect the vehicle. The vehicle will not be released until the form is completed and on file with Fleet Management. Please bring your drivers license when picking up a rental vehicle.

In the event that Fleet Management cannot supply a vehicle, we will initiate a rental through Enterprise to ease in the rental process. The Enterprise vehicle will still be picked up and dropped off at Fleet Management and will not require any dealings with World Travel. The short term use request form is still required for these rentals, but Enterprise will have additional paperwork that will be completed at Fleet Management. The costs for the Enterprise rentals will be based on the state contract rate and fuel will not be included in the price. Fuel can be purchased through the use of a Fleet Management temporary card.  The costs will be pass through to the renting department via interdepartmental transfer. If a Fleet Management vehicle becomes available it will be substituted for the Enterprise vehicle.

Long-term Use Vehicle Assignments

When completing a vehicle request, please follow these guidelines:

  • Fill in all the blanks on the form.
  • Ensure all information is accurate.
  • Obtain all appropriate signatures for approval.
  • Bring the completed form and drivers license to Fleet Management when you pickup the vehicle.
  • Optional – forward a copy of original form to in advance of your scheduled vehicle pickup.

Long-term assignments are made to departments requiring indefinite use of a vehicle for custodial and other work-related purposes. To request a long-term vehicle assignment, complete the long-term use form. Once the completed form is approved, submit it to Fleet Management via campus mail or by e-mailing it to

Charter Bus Services

Fleet Management works with several companies to provide reasonable prices on various sizes and types of charter buses. To request a charter bus, complete the Fleet Management Bus Authorization Form. Once the completed form is approved, submit it to Fleet Management via campus mail or by e-mailing it to Starting July 1, 2016 Fleet Management will assess a 5% fee onto the total of the invoice to cover expenses.  Bus sizes, rates, and brands may vary. Photos below are for illustration only. Actual buses may vary in appearance.


Mini bus

Commerical Bus

Coach bus

School Bus

School bus

The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System and partner in the Tennessee Transfer Pathway.