Fleet Management provides a range of vehicles for either temporary use or indefinite assignment to a specific department. All use of university vehicles is subject to UT Policy.
Short Term Rental Vehicles –
Several types of vehicles are available for temporary use (less than 4 months). To request a vehicle:
Fleet Management needs to be contacted at 974-2134 if the reservation is scheduled for pick up within 24 hours of the request date and time.
- If the requested vehicle type is not available, Fleet Management will contact the department to present further options. These options could include a different vehicle type or an Enterprise rental vehicle.
Ensure you bring your driver’s license when picking up a rental vehicle.
In the event that Fleet Management cannot supply the requested vehicle, we will initiate a rental through Enterprise to ease in the rental process. The Enterprise vehicle will still be picked up and dropped off at Fleet Management and will not require any dealings with World Travel. Enterprise will have additional paperwork that will be completed at Fleet Management. The costs for the Enterprise rentals will be based on the state contract rate and fuel will not be included in the price. However, fuel can be purchased through the use of a Fleet Management-provided temporary fuel card. The costs will be passed through to the renting department via interdepartmental transfer. If a Fleet Management vehicle becomes available it will be substituted for the Enterprise vehicle.
Long Term Lease Vehicles – Form
If a department requires a vehicle for four months or longer, the department can apply for a long term lease vehicle. The monthly long term lease rates are generally less expensive than the short term rates. There are several steps to complete this process.
- The requesting department must complete the Long Term Use Request form and submit it to Fleet Management via email – email@example.com.
- If Fleet Management has a vehicle available to suit the needs of the department, Fleet Management will complete a new lease agreement for the vehicle. Fleet Management will forward the lease agreement for signatures via DocuSign to the emails provided by the requesting department. An example of a lease agreement can be found on the Fleet Management website.
- Once the lease agreement is signed and completed by all parties via DocuSign and the vehicle is prepped and ready for the receiving department, Fleet Management will contact the department to schedule a pick up date for the vehicle.
- All leases terminate on the last day of the month, and all new leases begin on the first of the month. Leases surrendered or initiated mid-month will still be charged for the full month.
3rd Party Charter Bus Services – Form
Fleet Management works with several companies to provide reasonable, publicly-bid prices on various sizes and types of buses. To request a bus, complete the Fleet Management Bus Authorization Form. Once the completed form is approved, submit it to Fleet Management by e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving the completed form, Fleet Management will solicit pricing from bus companies. The lowest rental amount total will be shared with the requesting department. Once confirmation is given by the requesting department, the reservation will be placed and the requesting department will receive confirmation of the reservation.
Starting July 1, 2016 Fleet Management will assess a 5% fee onto the total of the invoice to cover expenses. Bus sizes, rates, and brands may vary. Photos below are for illustration only. Actual buses may vary in appearance.